Almost every company is using UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) platforms; how many times this week have you been on a Zoom, WebEx, Teams, or a Google Meet call? Multiply that by your company’s employee count and you can quickly see how licenses and hardware can add up.
Here are some ways that you can reduce your UCaaS expenses:
- Choose a package that fits your basic needs: Starting with a basic UCaaS package will help you utilize the features that your business really needs while realizing the tools that could optimize the experience. You can always upgrade your subscription later, but availing only the necessary features will help you cut down on unnecessary expenses.
- Negotiate pricing: Negotiate the pricing of the UCaaS service with vendors to get a better deal. Utilizing an expert in telecom contract negotiations will help you not only get a competitive rate but also adjust contract terms of service that can be more favorable to your company.
- Understand service level agreements (SLAs): Review the service level agreements provided by vendors before signing up. Look for clarity on support and maintenance services provided, as well as any penalties or fees that may be charged for downtime.
- Consolidate services: Consider consolidating your communication services and solutions with one vendor. This may result in cost savings due to volume discounts. This applies to companies in the U.S. as well as regional partners that operate globally.
- Optimize bandwidth usage: Optimize your bandwidth usage for voice and video conferencing to reduce data costs.
Mindglobal has been negotiating telecom contracts since 2000 and has the expertise necessary to help navigate the expense management relating to this fundamental business system.